Are you looking for some email list freebie ideas? Here are 11 of the best that will help you grow your email list organically.
Wait, What’s an Email Freebie?
You might’ve heard of them instead as “lead magnets,” “free downloads,” or “freemiums.” Essentially, they’re something you offer your email list as a freebie in exchange for their email addresses.
Why Would I Want to Do This?
There are a few reasons why you might want to offer email list freebies:
- To grow your list: Email list freebies can help you attract new subscribers and increase the chances that they’ll become customers down the line.
- To keep your list engaged: Offering email list freebies can keep your subscribers interested and motivated, which will help them stay subscribed and engaged.
- To improve the quality of your email list: By giving your subscribers something valuable in exchange for their email addresses, you’re likely to improve the quality of your email list as a result.
11 Email List Freebie Ideas
Here are 11 ideas for email list freebie ideas that you can offer to your subscribers and grow your email list organically with heavily-targeted leads that will become ride-or-die supporters for life:
1. A free guide or ebook on a topic of interest to your audience – This is by far one of my favorite email list freebie ideas because it’s super easy to do and provides immense value for your target audience.
This guide can be full of valuable information, tips, and tricks that your audience will appreciate. Giving away an ebook as a freebie will not only increase brand awareness but also build relationships with your potential customers. For my other blog, The Beige House, I offer a free guide that lists the easiest houseplants for newbies to keep alive since it targets my ideal reader and is something that’s a popular topic that they’d want to learn about.
2. A free downloadable tool or resource – Offering a free downloadable tool or resource can be a great way to improve your audience’s productivity and help them save time. For example, you might offer a checklist that your subscribers can use when submitting their blog posts for review.
3. A complimentary consultation – Offering a complimentary consultation is another great way to improve your audience’s productivity and help them save time. This could include advice on how to improve their blog post formatting or help with choosing the right social media platform for their business.
4. A free trial of an advanced blogging tool – Providing a free trial of an advanced blogging tool can be helpful in increasing blog traffic and earning more income from your blog. Advanced blogging tools can include things that you have an affiliate relationship with, such as social media marketing or content research tools.
5. A giveaway or contest open to all subscribers – A giveaway or contest open to all subscribers is an excellent way to grow your email list organically and earn more income from your blog. This could include things like a free subscription to your blog or a prize pack that includes valuable resources for bloggers (if bloggers are your ideal audience, of course!)
6. A special discount code for members only – I’m not always a fan of offering discounts in exchange for email addresses as it’s typically a one-off relationship that’s built, but nonetheless, I understand there’s value there that can nurture a longer relationship if you have a strong email funnel series after it. Offering a special discount code for members only is one way to take advantage of this.
7. An exclusive sneak peek of new content or products from you or your business – This could be anything from a free, short ebook to a mini-series of blog posts previewing a new product or service. This can be an excellent way to entice subscribers who are curious about what you’re up to, and it also gives you an opportunity to whet their appetites for upcoming content.
8. An exclusive community – Building a community is an excellent way to connect with bloggers who are interested in similar topics, and it can also be a great place for exchanging ideas and advice. If you have valuable resources or tips that you think other bloggers would appreciate, offering them exclusively via your community is a great way to go about it. Remember that Facebook isn’t a requirement for this, so if you’re like me and anti-Meta, there are ways to build a community without compromising your ethics.
9. A monthly bonus roundup of your favorite posts from the previous month – This could be anything from a compilation of the top-performing posts from your blog to an email course or membership site bundle that includes bonus content and goodies for subscribers only. Giving subscribers something extra each month is a great way to keep them coming back, and it also gives you an opportunity to showcase your best work.
10. A dedicated blog section just for email subscribers – This is a great way to show your appreciation for those who have chosen to follow you, and it can also be a great place to share exclusive content or announcements. Providing dedicated housing for your email list is an excellent way to keep them engaged and signed up for future broadcasts. You can create a password-protected page easily in WordPress that creates locked content only available for those with a password.
11. Access to exclusive monthly live webinars – This is a great way to keep your email list top-of-mind, and it can be an excellent opportunity to share new content or announcements in a more interactive way. Host Q&As with your email subscribers, or feature an interview with someone who’s in a similar niche (the bonus is they can tell their fans about it and let you piggyback off the community to get more subscribers who want to hear what their favorite influencer has to say).
Email freebies are a great way to give your email list something valuable and interesting to read. They can be anything from short blog posts to helpful resources.
When thinking of ideas for email freebies, consider what your subscribers might find valuable. Maybe they need help with a specific task or want to learn more about a topic they’re interested in. You could also offer exclusive discounts or bonus content for those who sign up for your email list first.
Whatever you choose as an email freebie, make sure it’s something your subscribers will appreciate and use!