I first met Oriana…jesus, almost 5 years ago? She was just beginning her brilliant blog Brooklyn Spaces and came to my apartment to interview me about MSC (The interview is here). I am so happy to say that after years of hard work and building a brand, Oriana was able to publish her first book about her project: Brooklyn Spaces: 50 Hubs of Culture and Creativity. It features 50 awesome spaces all around our borough. I’m so honored to have such a wonderful, sweet, and kind person as the first in this series of interviews with female entrepreneurs.
1. What made you decide that you needed to create your brand (Or less entrepreneurially: what made you feel the need to get BK spaces out into the public eye?)
2. When did you think to yourself “okay, this is definitely viable?”
3. What’s a surprising challenge that you didn’t know you’d encounter along the way?
4. How important was social media in your success? Do you think you would have been as successful without the advent of social media?
5. What is something someone outside of your industry might not realize about the work you do?